A brand new video from a Nest digicam captured the second an iPhone 4 charging on an Ohio household’s kitchen counter caught fireplace in a single day.
At first, all is calm within the Cincinnati residence. Then, all of the sudden, there is a clattering.
While the cellphone is initially not seen in the dead of night from throughout the room, sensible orange- and pink-hued flames shoot upward. It burns vibrant for a second earlier than the fireplace dies down, though it isn’t out by the tip of the video.
APPLE INTRODUCES MOST POWERFUL MACBOOK PRO MODELS EVER MADE
Brian Leisgang shared the video on Facebook on Jan. 9. He mentioned they have been “extraordinarily fortunate to keep away from a home fireplace.”
“Our youngsters have been charging our previous iPhone 4 with the Apple charger final evening and it exploded and caught on fireplace in our kitchen whereas we have been sleeping.,” Leisgang defined.
IPHONE OWNERS URGED TO CHECK SETTINGS TO PREVENT THIEVES FROM MAKING CHANGES
“Luckily we had simply cleaned off the counter yesterday, because it often has a lot of faculty books and papers in that space,” he famous. “There have been small items of the cellphone and black soot all around the counter this morning.”
Brian’s spouse Jennifer Leisgang instructed FOX TV Stations that the silicone case on the cellphone was cracked and the gadget was cut up open.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE PeyNews APP
“I spotted how fortunate we have been that we didn’t have something on the countertop and that it simply went out by itself,” she mentioned.
Leisgang mentioned the video had been shared within the hopes of doubtless stopping a future fireplace in another person’s home.